Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Oh, hey 2015.

I realize I'm a giant slacker. On my 29th birthday, I vowed to blog often about my journey to fitness and health. I haven't posted a blog entry since September 29! For that, dear readers, I'm so sorry. I know you missed me!

The thing is, a lot of things have changed. The biggest part of my life that has changed is that I'm going to have a BABY! God had a different plan for me and instead of my belly tightening and toning, it's rounding out and growing by the day. Pregnancy changes my sleep patterns, my eating habits, and pretty much my whole body. It's easily the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me.

Mostly, the idea has been sinking in that my husband and I are going to be PARENTS. FOREVER. This changes everything. Forever. Not in a bad, but in a way that nothing will ever be the same. It's a giant commitment. The fact that a baby is coming into our lives makes one ponder the real meaning of the word commitment. This isn't a gym membership. This isn't a college degree. This isn't a credit card application. This is a decision that is etched in stone. No, in DIAMONDS. Diamonds ARE forever, after all. And this sparkly little gem is adding this title of Mommy to my list of roles in life.

This is a REAL commitment. And I don't think until now I really understood that concept. I haven't actually committed to myself and making my one and only body healthy, fit and happy. I get one chance at this body, y'all. I don't want to mess it up.

So, this leads me to turn over a brand new leaf in my world. On Beachbody's logo, it says, "Decide. Commit. Succeed." Have I truly COMMITTED? Nope. Not even close.

So stay tuned, friends. I know my belly is growing and my body is making decisions for my that I have no possible way of controlling, but I CAN control my eating and, for the most part, my activity level. (Energy level is another story, but we can talk about that later.) It solidifies my goals even further to pay off debt, to be healthy and to make the best decisions in my life. God's plan is PERFECT and I'm pumped to see how He's going to use this pregnancy in my life! Expect more blogs from me. More recipes. More Facebook posts. More philosophical awesomeness. :)

I'm baaaackkkkkk!!
bwhahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment