Thursday, September 11, 2014

Late Night Happy Dance, Early Morning

This will be a quick entry today as I'm rushing around this morning to get on the road for a meeting out of town. BUT. I have to share a HAPPY and a WIN with you!

up before the sun!
Happy-- Last night, I was packing my little suitcase for the aforementioned trip and I was standing in my closet doing the whole, "I have nothing to wear," bit. I know part of the time there will be very casual, so I looked to my pile of jeans and begrudgingly began to sift through them trying to find a pair that fits ( <--this is the worst, by the way). I came across a pair that I didn't really recognize so I thought I'd try 'em on. It didn't get off to a great start. The first leg hit mid thigh and I felt the familiar battle of the thighs vs. pants beginning. Magically, THEY HURDLED MY THIGHS. I felt like America Ferrara in Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. The pants aren't what I'd wear in public just yet, but they FIT, BUTTON and ZIP. *cyber high fives, y'all!*

WIN-- It was cold last night and it was colder this morning. It's also really dark at 5:30am. But, because I can't sleep in or take my time this morning, I got up to run. In the cold, darkness. It was chilly, but I ran FASTER and HARDER and LONGER than I usually do. It was so dark, that I almost stepped on a live bunny, friends. That thing did not see me coming and I thought it was just a shadow of a bush. It almost got ugly. BUT-- we avoided a collision and I just kept joggin' along. Seriously, I feel SO GREAT already today!

1 comment: